Listen on: iPhone Radio Stream Droid Radio Stream iTunes Radio Stream Winamp Radio Stream Windows Media Player Radio Stream Foobar Radio Stream

Thursday, May 19, 2011

YOU MAKE THE SUN FRY by Ty Segall

You Make The Sun Fry
Imaginary Person (from 2010's Melted)

Ty Segall has gotten plenty of love here during this blog's short life and I can't describe the excitement around the release of a new song, 'You Make The Sun Fry,' from his new LP, Goodbye Bread, out on June 21 (pre-order) on Drag City.  I'm sold on the album cover alone, but he's said that
this is going to be a slower than normal approach for him.  We shall see.  When he was in town last January, it was easily one of the best pure, raw rock shows that I've seen in a very long time so you may want to get off your ass and get tickets to see him and his band on July 22 at the Eagle Rock Center For The Arts

Ty from a recent Pitchfork interview:
Yeah, because I don’t think I’m the best lyricist; it’s hard for me to express feelings through words. I can talk about it, but it’s hard to work into a song for me. That’s why I tended to stick to more party-er things in the past. There’s nothing harder than making a mellow, clean record. It’s really scary. I can see why people would never want to do it. Everyone uses noise as a crutch sometimes-- I’ve totally done it. But when you make a good-sounding record there’s nothing there but you. Like, “Here’s my shot at doing some Neil Young.” It might be horrible, but it’s fun. Some of the best records are the ones that really affect you the most-- they’re pure emotion and energy, and it’s like you’re in that person’s brain. It’s pretty cool.

[Facebook | Drag City]

No comments:

Post a Comment