Listen on: iPhone Radio Stream Droid Radio Stream iTunes Radio Stream Winamp Radio Stream Windows Media Player Radio Stream Foobar Radio Stream

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TAKE YA DANCIN' by Say Hi

Take Ya Dancin'
All The Pretty Ones

Say Hi (originally Say Hi To Your Mom) is a band that's been around a while (7 LPs since 2002), but I just learned of them a few months ago from their most recent release, Um, Uh Oh. I've been listening to this album off and on and I've genuinely been enjoying it, but just never got around to posting about it. So here ya go... The record came out in January on Barsuk Records and from what I've seen on the interweb it represents a pretty significant evolution and maturation in their sound. In just
hearing them for the first time I can see how that description fits. There's a wonderfully unique and creative element to the songwriting that exemplifies the craft and doesn't easily fit into one genre or description. Needless to say, I'm going to need to set aside some time to dig a little deeper into their back catalog. Check out two of the songs from the LP and make your own conclusions. Buy it here.

[Official | Barsuk]

No comments:

Post a Comment