Listen on: iPhone Radio Stream Droid Radio Stream iTunes Radio Stream Winamp Radio Stream Windows Media Player Radio Stream Foobar Radio Stream

Monday, March 7, 2011

[on repeat] STRANGE GIRL by James Pants

Strange Girl
Darlin' (previously on CWR)

Well, it sure has been a good week for new music.  Three out of the last 5 or so posts have ended up as 'On Repeat' favorites.  I gushed about James Pants from Texas the last time I wrote about him, which was when I had first come across some of his music.  I've had some more time with his first two LPs and it hasn't helped me form any description or
category to throw him into, but that isn't really what's important.  His new self-titled LP, James Pants, which comes out on on April 19 from Stones Throw Reords continues to surprise in terms of styles and should set him up for some wider recognition...in my eyes at least.  It's really good.  I pretty much can't stop listening to it.  James describes it as, 'It's that Twin Peaks sound.  More noise and wailing guitars.'  Yet other songs have him sounding doo-wop channeling a 50's prom song.   Check out 'Strange Girl' another fantastic song off the record along with 'Darlin', which is another popping gem featured here previously.

[Official | Stones Throw]

No comments:

Post a Comment