Listen on: iPhone Radio Stream Droid Radio Stream iTunes Radio Stream Winamp Radio Stream Windows Media Player Radio Stream Foobar Radio Stream

Friday, December 21, 2012

FAVORITE LPs of 2012


Here are my 30 favorite LPs from 2012...the ones that pretty much soundtracked my year...the ones that I'd recommend...the ones that I had a chance to listen to. They are in a general order of higher preference the lower you go down the list. I'll see you in 2013. Have a safe holiday celebration wherever you are. 

Remember, you can continue enjoying the radio stream straight from this webpage, via iTunes RadioShoutcast, TuneIn Radio, or the new CHROMEWAVES RADIO app for your iPhone.

Check out the list after the jump!


  

Posse
by Posse
Self-Released




Heaven
by The Walkmen
Fat Possum Records




Plateaus
by Plateaus
Art Fag Records




Putrifiers II
by Thee Oh Sees
In The Red Records




Idle Dreams
by Bare Wires
Southpaw Records




Frights
by Teenanger
Telephone Explosion Records




Should I Try Once More/
by The Zoltars
Sundae Records




Ex-Cult
by Ex-Cult
Goner Records




Woollen Kits
by Woollen Kits
RIP Society Records




Twins
by Ty Segall
Drag City Records




Modern Problems
by Digital Leather
FDH Records




Racism
by The UV Race
In The Red Records




Light Up Gold
by Parquet Courts
Dull Tools Records




Meltdown
by Mind Spiders
Dirtnap Records




Gap Dream
by Gap Dream
Burger Records




Family Perfume Vol. 1 & 2
by White Fence
Woodsist Records




Slaughterhouse
by Ty Segall Band
In The Red Records




House On The Hill
by The Babies
Woodsist Records




Radar Eyes
by Radar Eyes
HoZac Records




FREEZE
by Andy Human
CWR Records




Killing Time
by Terry Malts
Slumberland Records








Weed Seizure







Double Natural







More For The Masses







Long Slow Dance







Yes On Blood







The Garden Of Joy And The Well Of Loneliness
Female Fantasy Records







This Looks Serious







Crooked Bangs







Royal Headache








by Ariel
CHROMEWAVES RADIO - [Home | Facebook | Twitter | 8tracks | exfm | Last.fm | Spotify]

4 comments:

  1. Excellent list! Many of my own faves from 2012 appear here, and I had forgotten Rayon Beach's This Looks Serious was from this year, wow....that was a big fave that continues to get lots of play by me. A few on this list, tho, that I need to check out, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the list! So many good albums this year...it wasn't an easy task. Cheers!

      Delete
    2. I know, wildly great year for fans of our music circle! So I checked out Crooked Bangs after seeing them on this list & WOW INSTANT LOVE. Knock-out of an album, that gal's seriously got some garage punk chops. I have to revisit Terry Malts, I see them on your list here & others' lists, but I can't remember what I thought of them....

      Delete
    3. yup, her voice is INSANELY great. oddly, it reminds me a lof of Cher. thanks for taking the time to comment and the nice words on the 'fondness' message board. Happy New Year!

      Delete