Listen on: iPhone Radio Stream Droid Radio Stream iTunes Radio Stream Winamp Radio Stream Windows Media Player Radio Stream Foobar Radio Stream

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

[on repeat] I WANT YOUR DAMAGE by Nice Face

I Want Your Damage
Hard Time

I'm not the biggest fan of all the year-end mumbo jumbo lists, but it seems obligatory to participate because it is all about sharing after all.  However, it doesn't go without its benefits.  There's always something that I'll see on someone's list that I hadn't heard of or just flat out didn't get around to listening to.  Case in point...Nice Face's Immer Etwas from Sacred Bones Records was listed on one of the
better lists I saw last month.  This record by Brooklyn's one-man band of Ian Magee is providing countless hours of entertainment for me lately and most definitely would have ended up on my favorites list for last year had I known about it.  The CD version is jam-packed with 19 songs so you can imagine that there's some filler in there, but nevertheless there are influences pulled from just about everywhere and it's blended together into a chaotic, seamless, melodic cohesiveness.  It's based on the grimy, distorted fuzz that makes Flight so much fun to listen to, but adds much more.  Half of the songs on Immer Etwas are straightforward punk rock numbers, and the other go from zany electronics to dense atmospheric synthesizers a la Cabaret Voltaire.  It might not be the easiest of listens for many, but it's pretty damn brilliant at times.  Enjoy...

[Myspace | Sacred Bones] - (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment